Head on over to Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner’s blog to see her 8th annual end of year book survey.
This will be my first year participating in this and I’m super excited about it!
Number Of Books You Read: 79
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Romance
- Best book you read in 2017?
Edge of Brotherhood by Molly E Lee
- Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
Amnesty by Cambria Hebert. I loved Amnesia, but Amnesty just didn’t sit well with me in certain aspects.
- Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. I knew absolutely nothing about Wonder Woman when I read this book but I ended up loving it.
- Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did)?
Nobody really came to me for recommendations this year until recently.
- Best series you started in 2017? Best sequel of 2017? Best series ender of 2017?
The best series I started this year was the Percy Jackson series.
- Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Frostblood by Elly Blake. I don’t usually read fantasy books, but I really enjoyed this one.
- Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
An unputdownable book for me was Trucker by Jamie Schlosser.
- Book you read in 2017 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Probably Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo.
- Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
- Most memorable character of 2017?
Wade from the EDGE series by Molly E Lee. (He is in Edge of Brotherhood and Edge of Regret)
- Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole
- Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2017?
Feel Me Fall by James Morris. This book will most definitely make you think.
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2017?
“Sisters in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.”
― Leigh Bardugo,
- Shortest & longest book you read in 2017?
Longest: A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole – 353 pages
Shortest: Finding Cinderella by Colleen HOover – 90 pages
- Book that shocked you the most?
Rise of the Sea Witch by Stacey Rourke
- OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!)
Romeo and Rimmel from the #Hashtag series by Cambria Hebert
- Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year?
The friendship between Rimmel and Ivy from the #Hashtag series.
- Favorite book you read in 2017 from an author you’ve read previously?
He Loves Me…KNOT by RC Boldt
- Best book you read in 2017 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?
The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
Beckett Jones from He Loves Me Knot… by RC Boldt
- Best 2017 debut you read?
Frostblood by Elly Blake
- Best world-building/most vivid setting you read this year?
Camp Half-Blood from the Percy Jackson series
- Book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read?
Blue Balls by RC Boldt
- Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2017?
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover made me cry
- Hidden gem of the year?
Death in Advertising by Laura Bradford
- Book that crushed your soul?
Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke. I’m talking I sobbed, curled up in a ball on my bed, for 2.5 hours.
- Most unique book you read in 2017?
Untamable by Jamie Schlosser
- Book that made you the most mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
This is War by Kennedy Fox
- New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
Megs from Between the Pages – I met her through a blogging chat on Twitter. She’s an amazing person and we have quite a bit in common! #HufflepuffSquad
- Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
Edge of Brotherhood – Molly E Lee
- Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
- Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I have really enjoyed participating in the bookish memes like Top Ten Tuesday, Top 5 Wednesday, Stacking the Shelves, and things like that. I’ve met a lot of great bloggers through them.
- Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
Hands down this would be meeting my Great Bloggers Group Chat friends. I don’t know what in the world I would have done without them this year. I haven’t known them very long but I feel like I’ve grown close with them through our conversations. We can talk about anything and everything with each other and they are such a great support system. I love them all. ❤ ❤
Sarah @ Book Hooked Nook
Courtney @ Buried in a Bookshelf
Lucy @ That Book Gal
Dani @ The Introverted Book Nerd
Lia @ Witchie Chapters
Lindsay @ Singer of Stories
Megs @ Between the Pages
Shawn @ The Bookish Librarian
Cassie @ Messy Life of Cassie Winters
Kris @ Boston Book Reader
Fernanda @ The Wanderlust Reader
Evelina @ Avalina’s Books
Dorka @ Berries and Books
Jordan @ The Bookish Baker
Lori @ Majestic Reading
Linda @ Linda’s Little Library
Ellen @ Ellen Niarhos – Author & Reader
Beth @ All the Bright Places
Courtney @ Buried in a Bookshelf
Blue @ Bluestocking Bookworm
Olivia @ Books and Big Ideas
Nicola @ Fantastic Book Dragon
- Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
The biggest challenge for me was when I started school in August. That really cut down on my reading and blogging time and for a while I struggled to find a balance.
- Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular post was Covers I’d Want to Live In
- Post you wished got a little more love?
The Get to Know Me tag or even any of my discussion posts
- Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Bookish shops on Etsy!! Oh my goodness there is a world of bookish goodies out there that my wallet just can’t support them all LOL! I’m going to be buying bits and pieces when I can though because there are some amazing products out there.My favorite is Coffee and a Good Book – they have all kinds of amazing bookish goodies for sale. I highly recommend them.
- Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads reading challenge. I had it set for 75 books and finished the year with 79 books.
- One book you didn’t get to in 2017 but will be your number 1 priority in 2018?
Renegades and Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Book you are anticipating for 2018 (non-debut)?
Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- 2018 debut you are most anticipating?
I can’t think of any debuts right now. I know I must be missing one surely.
- Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2018?
Entombed in Glass by Stacey Rourke
- One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2018?
Blog – Keep on increasing my social media and blog following.
Reading – Finish up some series and try out new authors.
- A 2018 release you’ve already read & recommend to everyone (if applicable):
I don’t have any 2018 releases to recommend at the moment.